Factor 8 is hiring a full-time, Remote Social Media + Content Specialist. We’re looking for someone dedicated, coachable, and curious. Our next team member must be intelligent, deadline-driven, authentic, and creative. Our environment is fast-paced, idea-rich, and nimble as we continue in hyper-growth mode.
As the Social Media + Content Specialist, you’ll work on the Revenue team alongside the CRO, Marketing Director, Events/Campaign Manager, and Account Executive. You will be responsible for all written content creation (blogs, downloads, website copy, social posts, occasional emails, etc.) as well as managing social media accounts (from strategy to implementation). To be successful in this role, you will need a high level of creativity, attention to detail, and strong project management skills. You should absolutely LOVE writing!
This role is split 50/50 between Content Writing and Social Media Management. You will need to be available 40/hours a week during business hours (i.e. 8am – 5pm CT).
Social Media Management Responsibilities:
- Work with Marketing Director to establish and implement strategy for social media
- Work closely with Marketing Director and Events Marketer to determine which events to promote
- Work alongside Marketing Director to determine which sales content to distribute that educates and engages our audience and supports marketing goals
- Ideate and implement various social campaigns
- Manage social media comments/messages, which includes working alongside our Founder’s Executive Assistant to create a process of managing her LinkedIn inbox (cleaning it out and deciding which messages we can answer vs what we can’t)
- Craft compelling social posts and match tone for each social account
- Track, measure and analyze all initiatives to report on social media ROI – share with Marketing Director and suggest strategy changes based on findings
- Monitor and engage in relevant social discussions about our company, competitors, and/or industry, both from existing leads and customers as well as from brand new audiences
- Drive consistent, relevant traffic and leads from our social network presence
Content Writing Responsibilities:
- Work with Marketing Director to establish and implement content strategy
- Create and closely monitor/follow content calendar for blogs and guides
- Work in WordPress website to update content and publish blogs
- Proofread blogs written by Factor 8 Founder before publishing
- Create 1–2 small-scale downloads a month to drive leads, subscribers, awareness, and/or other important metrics (i.e. a cheat sheet).
- Create 1 large-scale download a quarter to drive leads, subscribers, awareness, and/or other important metrics (i.e. a “buyer’s guide” or infographic [only handling the copy]).
- Work closely with designer to share vision of what a content download should look like
- Write 4+ “SEO” blogs monthly that pertain to our industry – answering common questions potential customers have about sales training
- Write 1-2 event recap blogs monthly
- Ghostwrite thought leadership blogs as Founder – matching her tone
- Work alongside delivery team to write case studies for the website
- Come up with ideas for pillar content pieces we can incorporate into our content strategy
- Collaborate with various team members to produce relevant content that meets the needs of both key stakeholders and our audience
- Regularly update and improve website copy to increase conversions
- Track, measure and analyze all initiatives to report on SEO and content ROI – share with Marketing Director and suggest strategy changes based on findings
You will need:
- 2+ years’ content + social media writing experience (plus writing samples)
- To be US-based (this IS a 100% remote role though)
- Excellent organizational, multi-tasking, and time management/prioritization skills
- Superior communications skills (verbal and written)
- General knowledge of SEO and experience researching keywords for website content
- Bonus (not required): Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (particularly Photoshop and InDesign)
- Bonus (not required): Experience working closely within/with a sales team OR for a sales enablement or training company
- Meet with the Marketing Director to discuss expectations & goals with the role
- Complete writing assignment
- Meet with colleagues on the Revenue team
- Skill & onboarding training discussion
- Internal paperwork and references
- Offer letter!
Ready to join the Factor 8 team?
Send us your resume below or email Amy@factor8.com.
If your background looks like a great fit, we’ll be in touch soon!