If you’re ready to take a giant leap in your career by building and leading a new sales team, then you may have found your place!
Factor 8 is hiring a Director of Sales. We’re looking for someone dedicated, coachable, and curious. Our next family member must be intelligent, authentic, and hungry. Factor 8 is an award-winning sales rep and management training company. Our start-up-esque environment is fast-paced, idea-rich, and nimble as we enter a mode of hyper-growth. The only limit to your success and evolution here are your work ethic, time management, and mindset.
We’re looking for a strong seller who will act as salesperson #1, while they build out their new team. A love of selling and 1-2 years of people management experience are both keys to success in this role. Our Director of Sales will work directly with our CRO to build a team that will research prospective customers, create new opportunities and give feedback on joint sales and marketing campaigns. Then, you’ll work with your team to close those deals. You will find that Factor 8 is a place where dedicated, coachable, and curious people thrive. With us, your voice will not only be heard, but your input highly valued.
It’s time to sell something you can truly believe in.
In this role, you will:
- Sell: You will be salesperson #1. While recruiting your team, you will work with the CRO to learn the current sales development and sales process so you can implement changes where it feels warranted.
- Scale: Factor 8 is growing and you will be responsible for building scalable processes within the sales motion. This includes team structure, GTM strategy, process development, standardized discovery frameworks, optimized demo flows, SME access, and product/marketing feedback loops.
- Build the Team: Attract, develop and retain top talent by creating an empowering and performance-based culture.
- Coach: Our revenue team has a growth focus. You will be directly responsible for coaching and developing your SDRs/AEs through training, 1x1s, call coaching, role plays, deal strategy & leading sales calls.
- Manage Change: Factor 8 is a fast-growing company with a start-up-esque culture. The only thing constant here is change. You will be responsible for leading the sales team through change by rolling up your sleeves leading with ‘why’ and providing clarity on ‘what’, ‘when’, and ‘how’.
- Deliver the Number: Ensure realistic quarterly and annual revenue targets are achieved. You will own P&L responsibility.
You will need:
- 3+ years in an active inside selling role (SDR, BDR, ISR, ISE, AE, Other)
- 1-2 years in a team lead or management role
- 1-2 years working in a remote environment
- Experience working at a small company atmosphere – our top employees have come from small companies where they’re comfortable owning their role and creating processes to suit their needs
- Experience and a desire to work in a collaborative environment
- A strong self-propelled desire to achieve
- Ability to travel 3-5 times a year for events and tradeshows
- Aptitude to navigate complex and technical mid-market and enterprise sales cycles
- Passion for coaching, ‘rolling up your sleeves’ and joining AEs in sales cycles from start to finish
- Ability to communicate priorities and gain alignment with cross-functional teams
- A growth mindset, showing that abilities can be developed through dedication, hard work, and receptivity to feedback
- Excellent organizational, multi-tasking, and time management/prioritization skills
- Superior communications skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to learn new skills, systems, and processes quickly
- An addiction to self-improvement and a desire for beneficial feedback
- Availability to work during peak call times in a quiet, professional work environment conducive to phone and video meetings
- Sales leadership and team-building experience is a huge plus!
What you’ll get:
- Competitive compensation + commission structure (uncapped!)
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, and Life Insurance (we cover 100% of your premium)
- Unlimited PTO
- FSA/HSA accounts are available
- Ongoing professional development + training
- Technology credit to use towards a work computer
- 100% remote/work from home
- Opportunity to join a fantastically talented, fun, and passionate team at a pivotal time in the company’s lifecycle
We move fast! If we’re a great match for one another, you can expect an offer letter within 2-3 weeks after our first call.
- Meet with the hiring manager to discuss expectations & goals with the role
- Meet with colleagues in Marketing and Product
- Assignment to craft your ideal sales day, what your sales process would look like, and a potential 30, 60, 90-day plan
- Skill and onboarding training discussion
- Brief DISC assessment and discussion with the hiring manager
- Internal paperwork and references
- Offer letter!
Ready to join the Factor 8 team?
Send us your resume below or email us at email@example.com.
If your background looks like a great fit, we’ll be in touch soon!